Friday, November 18, 2011

Explain that Name!

Hey all, welcome to my first blog.   I am new to the blogger world but after encouragement from family and my big sister over at http://www.thehollierogue.com/  I decided it was time to get involved!  Now I don't have this whole blog thing figured out, so bear with me if you will and let me explain more about the title of my blog....

You may be wondering what Betes means (sounds like beeties)...well if you didn't gather from the "dia" in front of it, it is the slang I use for my Diabetes.  I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, or Betes, 7 years ago right before my freshman year of college.  It was definitely scary, but oddly enough I felt a sense of peace during that time, which I believe only came through my relationship with Christ.  (I'll talk more about my diagnosis and living with Betes in future blogs so be sure to check back.)

The "beauty" part is for all of the beautiful things in my life and in the lives of others.  I feel so blessed to have such an amazing, close-knit family and the cutest little 1 year old baby boy.  There is so much to be thankful for and there is beauty all around us, from the changing of seasons to the birth of a child to something as small as crafting with your sisters!  In a fast-paced world filled with negativity and evil, sometimes we forget to look at the simplest of beauties around us.  Now believe me, my life isn't all roses and rainbows, but I know that sometimes I just need to be reminded of the beauty in life and the wonder of God.

So that's why I chose the title Beauty and the diaBetes...so that I could encourage myself and others with the beauty in our lives and to share my experiences with Type 1 Diabetes.  

I hope you all enjoy your read and will come back to visit!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment